some days you get what you ask for

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Mon, 03 Oct 2005 20:46:47 -0500

At 17:13 10/3/2005, you wrote:
>Well, it's after 5 PM. Did you? :-)
>
>Avery
>

>>I think that's called karma, or caramel, or something.
>>
>>but...,   darn you......,   now that you've put it on this
>>list,   _I'm_  gonna have one of those days - it  _IS_ Monday, after all.
>>;-{

Well... the full effect doesn't always happen immediately.

Today, I finally found what had been reported as a sticking key.  I'd tried
finding it earlier, but with no success. I tuned it today (Yamaha C7).

Thank goodness I'm a pounder...  the sticking was due to a slightly high
upstop rail and a loose underlever lead which had moved out.  Only stuck
when played HARD.

Carmel caught up when I went to do what I thought was final installation of
my fireplace insert.  Wrong...  Flexible flue doesn't flex enough. I need a
45° elbow. Oh, well.  It was 90°F today, anyway. Had to order it. Should be
in Wednesday. Thursday's high is supposed to be in the 50s with frosty
mornings then.

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.