FW: some days you get what you ask for

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 00:12:56 EDT

Mark,

Agreed, a string by Mapes or Arledge would do a far better job of sounding
good.  That I used a universal bass string owed more to fact that I  had no
desire to revisit this very worn and tired old instrument than it did to  me
thinking that it would actually match up really well.

If I ever get called back to tune the piano again, I will replace the  string
with a more appropriate match.  As it was, I didn't want to leave a  damper
hanging out there when a famous Hungarian pianist was supposed to  practice on
the piano for a weekend concert...:-(

Thanks for the input,

Dave

In a message dated 10/3/2005 8:05:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,