[CAUT] flashlight

Tue, 04 Oct 2005 00:20:47 -0400

Jim, David, all -
Ditto as to the problem.  My current repertoire consists of:

Converted Maglight (as per Jim's comment below) - I've found it to be
pretty reliable, considerably brighter than the unmodified unit, though I'm
still somewhat irritated by the pattern created by the reflector.

Streamlight  http://www.streamlight.com/    their Stylus Reach
model  http://www.streamlight.com/reach18.htm  which is a flexible shaft
unit.  I've had bad luck with ALL the previous ones.

Petzl Zipka    http://www.petzl.com/petzl/Accueil   This link is their main
page.  The link to the specific page is too long,  This item is an LED head
lamp, one of a number they have.

Another company I want to look at is
Surefire
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/pgrfnbr/16/sesent/00

I'm still not satisfied with my need for strong general area lighting, such
as for underlever work or stringing in less than optimal ambient lighting,
like for installing a new coil on an already installed pin, and finding the
pin hole, for example.

David Skolnik