Suzuki Pianos

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:08:52 +0200

Thanks Jeannie for the definitive answer on where Suzukis are made. I
suppose we can put that bit to rest once and for all. Thanks also to Tom
Cole for digging through Suzuki's site to confirm they produce in China.

As for how many manufacturers produce all or part of their instruments
in China, ... well I can think of a few of my more favorite makes that
dont.  That said I will restate that I believe before too many years
China will be a major player in the production of quality instruments.
Its only a matter of time really . With a domestic market of an
estimated 40 million pianists  / piano students...  its hard to imagine
any thing else.

David I :

Nordiska is the same line that exploded in a local dealers store a while
back.  Really kind of sad too because the origional Nordiska piano
(Sweden/Germany) was really rather ok.  A bit sensitive to climate
changes but nice enough.

One other point.  All the nice parts in the world dont add up to a hill
of beans if they are not handled, machined, and installed correctly.
Thats what takes time to learn.  You dont become a master carpenter over
nite no matter how fine your tools and materials are. That happens only
through lots and lots of experience.  And it doesnt matter where you
come from.

-----------------------

Folks,
Please allow me to quote from Larry Fine's Piano Book Annual Supplement,
2004-2005 regarding Suzuki pianos:

"Suzuki Corporation, ..San Diego.....www.suzukimusic.com.

Suzuki Corporation, the world's largest producer of musical instruments for
education, has entered the acoustic piano business with a line of verticals
and grands made in China by Dongbei.  The pianos feature solid spruce
soundboards, German Delignit pinblocks, and German Roslau strings."

Let's face it...it doesn't matter who owns the company these days....good
chances are some or all of their pianos could be made in China.  I hope this
clears up some of the obvious confusion.

jeannie