Paint recommendations for sharps?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:13:27 -0500

At 07:55 AM 10/5/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>What does none standard sharps mean?    Unless they resemble a dark bump,
>I'd square them up, steel wool and several coats of  Watco Black.
>
>David I.

I don't know what, specifically, the Thumpster was referring to (narrower
maybe??), but one VERY non standard sharp would be the Mehlin "Patent
Grand" one which the back third gently curves down to about 1/8" ...

> >Like Terry, I love the look of plain ebony. But this
> >old Chickering I'm fixing has non-standard sharps,
> >that I don't want to be dissolved by the goo on
> >careless humans' hands. So I intend to paint them.
> >    Brands come and brands go. Does anyone have
> >definitive recommendadtions regarding a current brand
> >of spray paint to use ? Gloss or satin? Rubbed with
> >steel wool ?  Other application advice?
> >    I want these to look ( ahem ) "sharp"!
> >    Thanks!
> >      Thump

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.