Rebuilders gallery at national in Rochester (was News and Rochester)

Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:30:37 +0100

Hello Dale and List

When, when,when. is there going to be such an exhibition in jolly olde UK? I
must confess I feel very much off-centre here and my only life-line is from
the List with splendid useful comments and tips from Australia, USA, Norway
and Germany. .and others too many to name! :-)  and :-(

End of gripe

Michael G.(UK)

  _____

From: Erwinspiano@aol.com [mailto:Erwinspiano@aol.com]
Sent: 05 October 2005 13:38
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Rebuilders gallery at national in Rochester (was News and
Rochester)

  Gordon

  Well if it's not been news here on list yet , I guess it will be now. The
short answer is yes, these pianos will be on display , I think in a separate
area in or from the usual exhibit hall.  This will be  called a "Rebuilders
Gallery" &  in Rochester  these pianos can be played , heard & admired.

   Rick Florence the institute director has invited 8 Rebuilders to bring a
piano & teach a one class period  extolling the virtue of their particular
designs etc. The pianos will be in seen & heard in class & also arrangements
are being made to hear these pianos in some sort of performance venue.

   So far the 8 are Ron Nossaman, Terry Farrell, David Hughes Shawn Hoar,
Ron Overs, Dale Erwin, Chris Robinson  & the last one escapes me right now.

  My own feeling is that a display of this kind supports, encourages &
promotes member creativity & enthusiasm & also affirms the merits of on
going edjucation.

   So bring your doubting Thomas on over & let her decide for herself.

 I am honored to be included with such esteemed company.

Dale Erwin

Will it be possible for the "general public" to see
these pianos? I have a  friend in Rochester, a
physicist with a concert pianist wife, who snorted
" How can you possibly improve a Steinway !?!"
     Thump

Erwins Pianos Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357