Odd dimensions of sharps.

Wed, 5 Oct 2005 19:40:50 +0100

Hello List and Gordon S
This terrible olde John Ward of London piano (you know, the one I think
should burn well) has strange sharps. The sides taper normally up to the
playing surface and top tapers gradually to the fall end... BUT they have
Round Fronts!!! And the naturals between which they go have round-fronted
slots.
Regards from a dark Sussex-on-Sea
Michael G.(UK)

-----Original Message-----
From: gordon stelter [mailto:lclgcnp@yahoo.com]
Sent: 05 October 2005 15:44
To: Pianotech
Subject: Odd dimensions of sharps.

They're just shaped a little differently than the
replacements I was thinking of using, which wouldn't
fit. But once I got the crap-ola off them, were in
pretty good shape.
     Speaking of which: I know pianists who dislike
the "FAT" sharps on old Masons and Conovers, but I
believe these are dimensionally standard at the base,
but just don't taper toward the top. So  they could be
rep[laced with "normal" ones. Unless someone knows
differently ?
     Thump