Chinese (Baoli liu)

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Wed, 05 Oct 2005 21:03:05 +0200

Baoli liu

Yes I was misrepresented.  Baoli, you seem to be saying that one can not
base any assumptions on a sample that is representative of the whole.
That works both ways if one first chooses to employ the reasoning. We
end up not being able to say anything at all about instruments that way.
My assessment is of course based on the instruments I have seen. Since
that sample is large enough I see no reason to believe that it should
differ significantly from what the rest of the world gets.

I sent you a private note in the spirit of friendship and mutual
understanding which you chose not to reply to.  I tried several times to
balance my view with what amounts to a positive outlook for the future
of the asian piano industry but evidently to no avail.  If you wish to
just argue count me out.  On the other hand, dont hesitate to contact me
privately if you are interested in gaining a friend, one who may
disagree with you on some points, but a friend non the less.

Cheers
RicB

>/ You misrepresent me here Baoli.  I in no way judged
/>/ pianos by nationality.  I simply asserted a fact.  >/

Ric,you were not misrepresented,let me tell you why.

Before you claim "The majority of instruments coming
out of China, Indonesia, Russia, and Malaysia just
plain don't work." you should understand that:

The majority of instruments from the above four
countries may not be imported by Norway or
Finland(?)simply because it is such a  smaller
country, compare to Russian and China.