Removal of action from Story & Clark/Yamaha Grand

tom driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:41:36 -0400

-----

  From: Gordon Holley [mailto:gwholley@hi-techhousing.com]=20
  Sent: 05 October 2005 17:37
  To: Pianotech
  Subject: Removal of action from Story & Clark/Yamaha Grand

  =20

  List.  I need to remove the action from a Story & Clark by Yamaha, =
6'-0", SN410000, grand,  and cannot figure

  out how to remove the cheek blocks and key slip.  Got the fall board =
out with no problem but can't

  find the combination on the blocks and key slip.  There are no screws =
under the key slip to remove as

  in most other pianos, and couldn't fine any screws under the cheek =
blocks.

      Would appreciate a little help please.

  Gordon Holley

  Goshen, IN

  Assoc member

  Indiana Chap 463.

     =20

  Gordon,

      My guess is that the movers switched the bass and treble legs.

      I'm trying to remember the details but there will be a notch in =
the leg or a hole that exposes the screw for the cheek blocks.

      With the legs in the right place the screws are exposed.

     =20

      This happened to me this year.

      There was a carpenter doing some work in the house and he made a =
frame with 2 by 6 lumber and plywood gussetts that was an inch taller =
than the bottom of the keybed

      We lifted the piano onto the frame and I switched the legs.

     =20

     =20

      I'll bet Phil Bondi's  house that this is your problem.

      Tom Driscoll RPT

    =20