old timers

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:55:07 -0700

Can you describe the creak?   Wood to wood squeaks are often helped my =
teflon powder.   Consider the nails/wood might be the cause of the crea=
k.   Dismantle the soapbox, replacing each nail in its respective hole.=
    Label wood pieces and make a diagram for future assembly.    Teflon=
 all wood to wood contact points.   Protek thick lube on each nail befo=
re assembly.   If a real problem, bushing cloth around the nail works p=
retty good.   The Renner stuff.   You might consider brackets to re-inf=
orce the soapbox structure.   Then assemble and get back on that soapbo=
x...;-]
David I.

Original message
From: "Alan Barnard"
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: old timers

Wasn't in the business then, but I know this: If you expect things to g=
et bad, they will. If you get creative, stay positive, focused, and ene=
rgetic, you'll be just fine.

There are always counter forces at work, too. Like in the period you de=
scribe where new car sales suffered but used car sale rose and mechanic=
s and auto parts stores got a boost.

I really believe that we largely create our own economic fortune, posit=
ive or negative, based on our willingness to change, our creativity, an=
d MOSTLY, our attitude.

Soapbox is creaking under me; I'll step off now.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri