Rebuilders gallery at national in Rochester (was News andRochester)

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:15:13 +0200

Cy wrote:

Using the car analogy, one that you just bought new is a "stock" or
"showroom" Steinway: all original.  Modifications may improve it, or
not, depending on the modifier, may improve performance at the expense
of reliability (in cars, anyway), and may invalidate a warranty.  But in
car racing, "showroom stock" is the slowest of the performance classes.

--------------------------------------

Hi Cy.

I aggree with your thinking here. I like to think in terms of <<change>>
instead of  "detriment", "enhancement"... what have you.  The buying
public can make up its own mind what it likes or doesnt... grin.. and
they will anyways.  Lots of  folks would see a soosed-up car as anything
but an improvement.  Gass milage, noise, their own sense of visual
esthetics, safety concerns... what have you.  Lots of others are jazzed
about any thing that goes faster, looks flashier, makes more growl.  To
each their own yes ? Seems to me the measure of how "good" a product is
basically boils down to what degree the product is true to the design
and intentions of the builder.

Cheers
RicB