Keytop trimmin'

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:17:15 -0700

Ok Joe...
I didn't know there was a plethra of different thickness keytop materia=
l to choose from.  Why not describe how you make up the difference betw=
een keytop material and ivory for instance...you have keytop material a=
s thin as ivory?   Would you want it that thin?   If you don't care abo=
ut thickness difference how sharp height in relation to keytop?   How a=
bout fresh material to glue to?
I'm wondering if you are shooting from the hip again...
David (hopefully not shooting from the hip) Ilvedson...

Original message
From: "Joe Garrett"
To: pianotech
Subject: Re: Keytop trimmin'

J.R. said: "This is why you rout the keys before gluing the new covers.=
  If you =3D
don=3D92t do
this, you=3D92ll never get the keys back into the piano."

J R W,
If you use the right keytop material you won't have this problem!!!! Ro=
uting the keystick is a no-no, (except to correct squareness), in my sh=
op! It's just not necessary in a large percent of the jobs!
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I