Where can I get the felt that is under backcheck buckskin ?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 17:06:35 -0700 (PDT)

It's soft and cushiony. Sort of like nameboard felt,
but more refined and a little thicker. You know the
stuff.
    I'm rebuilding this Chickering "Brown" action, and
trying to rebuild, not replace, these non-standard
parts. The original felt, 3/8" wide ( about ) and
( about ) a tenth of an inch thick, and an inch or so
long,  was purple, and glued to the wood beneath the
leather. Where can I get a suitable replacement,
please ?
     Thump

http://mail.yahoo.com