The Nossaman Steinway (was rebuilders..)

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 21:15:00 -0700

Whoa....I think you're on to something...

I'm surprised the 1959 models (Steinway) didn't come out with big fins =
in the back.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 10/06/2005 7:11:13 PM
Subject: Re: The Nossaman Steinway (was rebuilders..)

 Ric
    Ok throw out better, but how bout I enjoy the musical expression of=
 this  Custom Restored beauty over the other.  Perhaps an A- B comparis=
on of your favorite music played on a really good stock D Stwy piano  s=
itting next to a Nossaman , Fandrich , Overs, Erwin  or whoever re-desi=
gned it , Stwy D, would allow for a fair but subjective comparison. Bet=
ter is just an opinion after all but it should be based on features, qu=
ality of construction & most of all performance enhancement of the whol=
e Beast. Custom stuff usually takes a product out of the realm of hype =
& into the  realm of folks who are willing to prove it at the starting =
gate. They don't race horses/cars/boats etc for nothing
  Know what I mean?
  Dale Erwin
As for whether its a better piano or not... now there is a question tha=
*_I_ *don't understand. :)... but then you know that.

Cheers
RicB