Reinbach Piano

Will Wickham wwickham@stny.rr.com
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 22:19:56 -0400

Hi all!

I'm looking for any info anyone can supply about Reinbach pianos. The
upright beast that I saw today was an 85 note bird-cage action and very
difficult to tune in that the action completely covered the strings. I
actually put the temperment strip in below the keyboard and inserted
the mutes between the hammer shanks.

Adding to the excitement was the pitch: The center section was about
50-70 cents flat while the bass and upper treble sections were up to a
fourth below that. Made for an interesting mid afternoon!

I'd like to know more about the brand and the age as well as general
info about the company so I can fill the owners in when I go back for a
second crack at it in a week or two.

Thanks for your help!
will wickham

PS - Sorry, I don't have a digital camera so I wasn't able to take
photos.