Topics for Technicals

Giovanni Voltaggio a440ps@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 07:21:55 -0500

  My idea is somewhat abstract but I'll send it in.

Why is a well regulated, voiced, and tuned piano aesthetically
pleasing?  We learn as we study the craft that our own sensory
perceptors develop and experience intricate factors of touch and tone
on a more significant level.  This increased recognition and
appreciation enhances the experience and in many cases becomes a
significant driving force throughout life.

What is the motivation?  Is it the piano literature that we are
attracted to?  Is it the sound of the instrument?  Is it the
instrument itself that attracts us, the internal workings of it?  Is
it the ability to transform a poor performer into an excellent one?
Or do we like all piano regardless of what they feel and sound like?

So what is piano, the concept?

Giovanni Voltaggio
Austin, TX

                                   .