Topics For Technicals

John Delmore johndelmore@cox.net
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 11:13:08 -0400

As a newbie myself who is currently a chemist (looking for a second, self-directed career),
I have noticed on the list many misconceptions (and safety issues)
concerning the chemicals used in the business.
>From CA glue/accelerator toxicity to hammer hardening goo.
Brasso to paste wax.
If you get into refinishing, you play with worse chemicals.
I think a comprehensive overview of chemical use/safety would be a very useful for members.
Perhaps you can find a musically inclined chemist
from a local university to give the class.
Be sure to give him/her a list of all products used.
John