Let-off Buttons

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:21:17 -0400

Here's a procedure which has worked well for me.

Remove the old buttons by backing out the eyescrews until the button falls.
I use a eyescrew tool mounted in a hand-cranked drill for speed and control.

Use a Grand Hammer Head Extracting Pliers (Schaff, pg 49, #120)
Remove the hex head bolt and reinsert it reversed.

The fork portion of the tool straddles the eyescrew while the hex head
supports the button firmly and squarely. When the screw is threaded
into the button sufficiently, the button will spin on the hex head, you will
get a feel for adequate pressure on the pliers handle for this.
--

Regards,

Jon Page
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...