Pinblock glassing

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:50:53 +0200

Hi Paul

I have tried this just once, and swore that the next time I would line
the plate with plastic foil. I'd use standard viscosity (rather thick)
and standard hardner, perhaps heating the environement a bit to expedite
matters. On the time I did this it worked great.. but there was quite a
bit of squeez to clean up... not a big problem. Still... I like avoiding
using epoxy (personal preference). I didnt save enough time to make it
worthwhile to begin with,  and really have never found it a big problem
to mate the plate flange to the pinblock.

Cheers
RicB

------------------

While I've never been a proponent of using fiberglass resin or epoxy to
mate a pinblock to the plate flange I'm wondering, if because of the
exigencies of circumstances I had to go this route, what are you all
using...material wise, to do this? Brand names, success rate, viscosity,
etc.

BTW, to the very few of you who responded to my last query re the
removal of recently installed plastic key tops, thanks much...the dry
heat from an old cloths iron or a heat gun did the trick

Paul E. Dempsey, RPT
Piano Technician Sr.
Marshall University
Huntington, WV