Rebuild Project - suggestions?

Ben Henny benhenny@hotmail.com
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:08:23 +0000

Thank you all for your ideas. I'm not sure all of you saw the photos that I
posted that give you a much better idea of the situation:

http://benhen2.tollfreepage.com/piano

After Greg and Phil's suggestions to replace the bridge pins, I took a
closer look at the bridges. It has some cracks around some of the pins,
which isn't good, but nothing that looks terrible. I think I'll work on the
action first, then tackle the strings, soundboard and pinblock issues.

I'd consider epoxy for the cracks, because I don't have the facilities to do
a proper recap of the bridges.

--still trying to figure out how to reply so that my replies end up as a
sub-heading on the archive--