archive too slow - Use Google

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:16:43 -0700

I now see what you mean...I searched wire size and at the bottom of the=
 page is "waiting for PTG.org"...;-[

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: "Giovanni Voltaggio"
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: archive too slow - Use Google

That's terrific!  Fantatsic!  Works like a charm.  I figured there was =
a way to use Google for this but couldn't figure out how.  I find that =
I don't need the quotation marks.

Giovanni Voltaggio
Austin, Texas
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
                                                            .

On Oct 13, 2005, at 12:13 PM, Ben Henny wrote:

Ah, a subject I know something about....

I don't use the archive search anymore. Use Google! To search the archi=
ve, enter:

site:www.ptg.org

in your search terms. For example, if you want to search for "cracked b=
ridge" you enter:

site:www.ptg.org "cracked bridge"

I'm new to the list so I don't know if this topic has already been disc=
=3D
ussed: what kind of progress has been made with regards to getting the =
=3D
Pianotech archive search engine working faster?  When I first used it t=
=3D
he other day I put in my search word but I thought it was down because =
=3D
it took so long.  The archive goes back to 1994.  Try it:  Pianotech Ar=
=3D
chive.