Nordic Convention / Alexander Galembo

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:59:01 +0200

Hi folks

One of the most exciting things that I found out about whilst attending
the conference was that Alexander Galembo, possibly the worlds most
prolific publisher of piano relavant high level scientific physics, has
written a very substantial book and has a finished draft in very useable
english.  It was sent off to Del Fandrich two years ago for editing and
I understand Del has been to busy to work on it much but that the
agreement is that Del along with an engineering friend will edit the
book and that it will be published.  The book is already out in Russian
I believe.

Alex is someone I count a friend having met with him on a few occasions
for long talks at the two Stockholm held conventions and through various
correspondances through the past years. If he is relatively unknown to
the english speaking world it is because most of his wealth of material
is only published in russian.  He is a close colleague and friend of
Anders Askenfelt and is definatly a bonified <<heavy weight>> in the
world of piano related acoustics/physics.  Much of his work deals with
pianists and listeners perceptions of the sound, touch and other
qualities of the instrument.  Some few papers are available in English.
I think I posted some of this stuff about 4 years back.

Lets all hope Del can get this project rolling and published.  Those of
you who have read and enjoyed the 5 lectures are going to eat this book
right up.

Cheers
RicB