Remedial string leveling

Barbara Richmond piano57@insightbb.com
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:43:10 -0500

MessageHi Marcel,

Hmm, I've done a two fisted pull (elbows resting on the piano), but I'll =
give your method a try. =20

Thanks.

Barbara

PS  Really, I've never climbed up on the keybed...  :-)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Marcel Carey=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:26 PM
  Subject: RE : Remedial string leveling

  Hi Barbara,

  From your posts I think you might just have a leverage problem. I use =
a home made hook that consist of a discarded bass string. The core is =
made into a hook and then the coiled portion is made into a loop and =
serves as the handle. Now to the leverage part. I use my right hand to =
hold the handle while my right elbow is resting on the tuning pins, =
plate or wathever. I use my left hand to push up on my right wrist while =
my left elbow is resting on solid ground as well. This way I feel I have =
a lot more subtle control instead of just pulling up on any kind of =
tool.

  Just my 2 =A2

  Marcel Carey, RPT
  Sherbrooke, QC