voicing tracks?

Michael Musial neeper99@hotmail.com
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 08:19:47 -0700

>Hmm, I've never seen anything like that from vice-grips.  But I've never
>squeezed from that direction either.  Those tracks are interesting--wait,
>could there be an alien in our midst?  :-)

>If the piano is new (or is it merely a <new>-to-the-customer piano), why
>hasn't the dealer been contacted?  Did the voicing change significantly
>from
>the time it was heard on the showroom floor (taking in account the changes
>in rooms)?

I first thought of vice-grips too but there are no marks on the other side
of the hammer and nothing seems mushed or mushroomed.

I just looked at this piano yesterday.  The customer had already called the
store where she bought it and someone is coming to look at it.  She wanted
me to look at it first, since the person coming is being paid by the store.

I was 98% sure these hammers were messed with in some way, but those
parallel lines were so weird I first thought I would check if anyone else
had seen anything like this. They are so perfectly spaced and centered on
each hammer.

I feel I should suggest to her that she try to return the piano, or at least
get the hammers replaced.  Seeing the results of my attempts to brighten one
hammer, I told her not to listen to any company line about the hammers
brightening up after being played for a while.  I hope the person that comes
does not try juicing the hammers.....

Yea, the customer says the piano did not sound like this on the showroom
floor.....

Michael Musial