voicing tracks

John Pasterczyk jp@southbaypiano.com
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:01:50 -0700 (PDT)

oops...

I guess I replied with my tidbit about the tracks
being factory applied before reading Don's message.

John Pasterczyk, RPT

I actually do some touch up regulation, and the
initial tuning on Bostons "out of the box" for the Los
Angeles dealer, and most if not all of them already
have these "tracks" when when I open them.  I assumed
someone at the factory was voicing (or in some cases
attempting to voice) them prior to shipping.

John Pasterczyk, RPT

Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:24:37 -0500
From: "Richard Moody" <remoody@midstatesd.net>
To: "'Pianotech'" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: RE: voicing tracks?

Plain Text Attachment [ Download File | Save to Yahoo!
Briefcase ]

A new Boston?  Find out who the tech/s were before you
and get in touch
with
them. Great picts, but the "tracks" on the hammers
don't look that new
(like
a year or two old from regular playing) and the ones
on the shoulder I
have
never seen. Maybe we are on the verge of something new
in hammer
voicing or
they are simply the result of a hack considering the
assumption only
experienced and factory approved techs could get to
new Bostons at
least
until sale.
    ---rm