Acrylikey

Barbara Richmond piano57@insightbb.com
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 07:51:16 -0500

It must depend on the keytop.  I, ahem, dropped a key (hit the concrete =
floor---groan) and used it to repair a pretty good sized chunk.  The =
color was, as someone else said, a little on the yellow side.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joseph Garrett=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:28 PM
  Subject: Re: Acrylikey

  Can AcryliKey II be used successfully on plastic keytops? I know it is =
=3D
  commonly used on ivory, but how about plastic? This is a late-model =
=3D
  Yamaha C3 with just a few chipped keytops. Anyone ever try it?

  Absoulutely Not!!! Yes, I have tried it. The "monamor" will melt the =
plastic and turn it a pukey purple!

  Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
  Captain, Tool Police
  Squares R I