Fender Rhodes question

Robin Stevens pianoman@westnet.com.au
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 13:48:51 +0930 (Cen. Australia Standard Time)

 I know from the few I have done is to rotate the coil with your fingers =
and
push or pull the the way you want to flatten or raise the pitch.=0D
=0D
Regards=0D
Robin Stevens ARPT=0D
South Australia=0D
=0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: Pianotech=0D
Date: 10/23/05 08:31:11=0D
To: Pianotech=0D
Subject: Re: Fender Rhodes question=0D
 =0D
> Hi Avery.=0D
>=0D
> How do you slide the coil without touching the tine? The coils on both=0D
> Rhodes I tuned were pretty tight.=0D
> I did try using a small flat head screwdriver to gently slide the coil=0D
> as to not break the tines however my fingers seemed to work best.=0D
>=0D
> What's the best technique?=0D
>=0D
> Thanks in advance for your advice.=0D
>=0D
> Aart=0D
 =0D
 =0D
I tried tapping the coils with a screwdriver, but ended up grabbing=0D
them with my fingers. Small movements are easy if you turn the coil=0D
as you move it. It's been a while, but I don't recall any particular=0D
problems with heat changing pitch. Maybe Avery has hotter phalanges=0D
than I do, or I wasn't that picky then.=0D
 =0D
Ron N=0D