keytop jigs

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 13:37:51 -0400

Bill Spurlock recommends a router. I have a copy of his construction =
plans for a router-based key dimensioning jig for keytop replacement. =
Anyone that wishes for a copy of it, just email me and I will send it to =
you. I think it is in a PDF format. I have not built one, but it =
certainly looks to be a fine jig.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  I'm curious on what methods you use when replacing keytops.  Primarily =
the method used to remove the wood so the new key & top will end up with =
the same total dimensions=20
  as the original key.
  Do you use routers and a jig?   OR  table saw?  or  what?
  I'm doing my first keytop replacement and would like to know your =
comments.

  Thanks much

  Dave McKibben