Keytop Jigs

Greg Graham grahampianos@yahoo.com
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:20:09 -0700 (PDT)

Dave wrote:  "I'm curious on what methods you use when
replacing keytops."

I use the router jig shown in the "Tips Tools &
Techniques" article in the November 2003 PTG Journal.
Works great, excellent control and quality.  Photo of
my version is attached.

I am not as happy with the jig I built for removing
the keyfronts.  It is the Spurlock jig which slides
the keystick around while held vertical over a router
table, but it is hard to use, and risks cutting too
long or too short if something moves or gets sawdust
in the wrong spot. All the other Spurlock jigs and
tips work great.

I'd like to know more about the tablesaw jig for
removing the fronts that Tom Kole mentioned.  Sounds
better.

Greg Graham
Brodheadsville, PA

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs