here's a new one

Steve Borgstrom orchman@comcast.net
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:10:17 -0500

Hi! I believe the reason may be that, especially on an instrument
where the bridge is merely glued on (an acoustic, classical or folk
guitar), rather than screwed into a rigid piece of wood (electric
guitar) that it would save wear and tear on the bridge. I had a
classical guitar that was a beautiful instrument where the bridge
glue ended up failing. Expensive repair, but it worked and I got
another 15 years out of that instrument.

Classical guitars eventually lose projection and resonance with age.
I think about 30 years is about how long they really stay bright and
beautiful. Anybody know any different?

Folk guitars are a different beast apparently. I know of some old
Martins that still sound GREAT after 70 years...

Steve Borgstrom
webmaster@nso-mn.org