No show

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:54:56 EDT

Carl,

You stole the words right out of my mouth.

Dave, no way I'd go back for another freebie.  You showed a gesture of  good
faith in offering to retune the piano gratis.  She should be happy to  have
you do it for the minimum service charge.

However it resolves, she is definitely someone I'd put a red mark next to  in
my database.

Dave Stahl

In a message dated 10/24/2005 8:14:47 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
cmpiano@comcast.net writes:

Better yet,  suggest she have her brother  tune it.  He obviously knows what
is wrong.

Carl Meyer PTG assoc
Santa Clara,  Ca.

----- Original Message -----
From:  _John Ross_ (mailto:jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca)
To: _Pianotech_ (mailto:pianotech@ptg.org)
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 2:41  PM
Subject: Re: No show

Hi Dave,
That is a hard one.
Obviously, losing her as a customer would be  no big deal, since you said her
piano had been neglected. So she might not  have had you back for a while
anyway.
The hard part is, that word of mouth is the  best advertisement, and if she
spreads the word, it could hurt business.  Especially, if it is a rural area.
But that would depend on the goodwill you  have built up in the area, already.

I think you are correct in making a charge, as  she had already used up the
free one, by being a no show.

Maybe call her again, and explain to her  again, that you have already been
there, and doesn't she realize that she is  to blame for her being a no show,
when the job would have been  free.
How about getting her Brother's phone number,  and getting specifics from
him, as to what the alleged problem is/was. It  might not even be a real problem,
just his perception.
Don't you just hate those people, with a  little bit of knowledge, just
enough to make them  dangerous.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
_jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca_ (mailto:jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca)