No show

FRANCES HELMS fhelms@topeka.k12.ks.us
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:05:24 -0500

With due respect to all previous opinions, John Ross is correct about the negative word of mouth, as is Dean May about the explantion of the instability after raising the pitch.  It was not clear in your communication whether you explained that to her -you may well have done so.  Either way, you'll take some lumps in regard to PR.

IMHO, you have already told her your position.  I would not back away from it now.  You have a right to be paid for your time,expertise, labo,r and gas.

Good luck,
Fran Helms,
Topeka, KS

>>> "Dean May" <deanmay@pianorebuilders.com> 10/25/2005 9:26 AM >>>
You might even go a little further. In as nice a way as possible tell
her you don't ever want her to call you back and to please not recommend
you to any of her friends.

You might have been able to head a little of this off at the pass if you
had done a better job explaining how unstable the piano would be after
the pitch raise. I always tell people that it will not sound as good as
a regular tuning and it will not stay in tune like a piano that has been
regularly tuned.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272