Mileage Q's

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:35:23 -0500

At 11:13 AM 10/26/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Scenario:
>You are a beginning technician (~2 yrs)
>You are called to do a service call on a piano that is in a church that is
>approximately 80 miles away.
>Do you;
>A) Charge for mileage for the one way distance (82 miles)?
>B) Charge for mileage for the round trip distance (164 miles)?
>C) Don't charge for mileage at all?
>
>I realize that a church may or may not fall into the category of doing
>work at a discount rate.
>
>Also, how do you record the mileage for the ordinary tuning/repair
>trips you make throughout the year? (for tax purposes)
>Do you include round trip mileage or just one way?
>
>Thank you
>
>Mark Montbriand

Both ways, unless it is all downhill so's you can coast home or you are
beaming yourself and all your equipment back. ;-}
Would that be frequent flier miles??

All business miles: to, from and in between. Write down odometer readings
at start and end of business trips/day in some sort of log. Do the math.
Charge accordingly.

Conrad Hoffsommer
I tried to get a life once, but they were all out of stock.