Fischer Grand

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:23:09 -0400

Katrina came ashore, as you point out, near Pearlington, Mississippi, =
which is about 13 miles west of Waveland. Windspeeds were a maximum of =
145 mph at the eye wall at landfall. 100 miles beyond the eye wall to =
the east, the strong side of the hurricane, winds speeds never reached =
hurricane strength. Please get your story correct!

http://www.eigs.olemiss.edu/newsroom/hurricane/KatrinaWindSpeedMap.pdf

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: firman1=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:54 AM
  Subject: Re: Fischer Grand

  The hurricane's eye was approximately 25 miles wide, with 160+ mph =
winds extending out about 100 miles beyond that. The eye came ashore =
centered on the border of La. and Miss. at the Pearl River. I was on the =
left eye wall. Waveland was on the worst side, the east side. I saw =
clothing swept up into the tops of trees (you can see some in one of the =
photos). If CNN reported it like you say, that's just another reason I =
don't use them.
  You all can't imagine the destruction here. I have seen many pianos =
thrown out. One local rpt says his business is booming, though.
  BAF II