Stingl XII b grand piano, Serial # 34726

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 19:31:12 -0400

"I wish I had taken a camera."=20

Indeed, sound like an interesting piano. Are you sure it is not older =
(with the overdamper and all)? Guess you'll just have to schedule =
another trip out there with your camera????!!!!????!!!!!????!!!!!  :-)

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Debra Feiger=20

  I was asked to appraise a Stingle Xii baby grand piano today, serial # =
34726.  I found out it was made between 1921 - 1930in Vienna,  Austria.  =
The company was taken over by Lauberger + Gloss in 1935.  It is a really =
fascinating 68" piano - very pretty black ebony case, with legs in needs =
of some repair (hamster ate the backs of them);  The pin block seems ok. =
soundboard might need some shimming, a few beginning cracks in the bass =
bridge.  It's the action that's fascinating!  The middle pedal seems to =
pluck and make it sound like a harpsicord.  The dampers are on a totally =
different mechanism which lies across the top of the strings and lifts =
up from above; the hammers are hung with a forward bending shank and =
sort of resemble a spinet?!!  If you are familiar with this piano, can =
you please help shed some light and also provide your thoughts on how to =
value it for resale?  I am in NYC and the client needs the space for =
renovations and will be buying an upright.  I wish I had taken a camera. =
 It's really a sweet looking instrument in need of some work.  I'm not =
sure how to regulate it given the unusual action.  I didn't have alot of =
time to really study it and the lighting was terrible.