Hammer Shank Replacement

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:30:59 -0700

The Heckler said: "
Again, you guys are mixing the lower class and the upper class of pianos
(and customers)

Sure, if the piano was an upper class piano, then I -would- replace the
hammer shanks BUT 99% of my pianos are the lower class, and mostly old
uprights that have been in the family for years and the client just
wants to get it playable again, without spending a lot of money.

So, if I follow what you guys are saying, is to replace the hammer
shanks every time and for me to eat the cost and labor to do that ? I
think not !

Boy, this list can't give up to the fact that there are average people
that just want to get there piano playing again -and- the upper-crust
people that can shell out the money to do it "right".

--
Duaine,
Hmmmm? You've got me confused with someone else. 95% of my Clients are what you describe. I do a lot of REALLY old pianos, Uprights & Grands. (actually, probably older than most you work on, as in 1st year of production D.H. Baldwin.<G>)

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I