A novel use for old keys

Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:29:07 +0100

Hello all

One of my clients had this terrible old upright in bits he was loath to
chuck out - it was his grandmothers. There it was lying dismembered on the
floor - a pile of keys and action parts in one corner of the room and,
taking pride of place, the iron frame with rusted strings and cracked
soundboard lying right in the middle of the room. I asked what he intended
to do with these various artefacts. He said "I'm hoping to strip the iron
frame and hang it on the wall." "What about the rest?" I asked. "I don't
know" he replied. Today, one year on, he phoned to make an appointment for
me to tune his real piano. "What did you do with the other piano?" I asked.
"Well, I used the keys in my vegetable garden to mark out the rows" he
replied. I wonder if the frame is hanging on some wall.. I'll soon find out.

Regards from sunny Sussex

Michael G.(UK)