A good tuning fork?

David Nereson dnereson@4dv.net
Sat, 03 Sep 2005 04:26:52 -0600

Piannaman@aol.com wrote:

> List,
>
> I would like to get a tuning fork that's actually at 440, not flat or
> sharp.  Any recommendations for something that fluctuates a little
> less with temperature?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave Stahl

I've had a Deagan fork for over 25 years now, and it's still right at
440.  It's a bit heftier (about 4" long, with tines about 3/16" square)
than the thin blue ones, but not as big as some of the large aluminum
ones made.  But I don't think Deagan is available anymore, except used.
The John Walker steel ones from Schaff may be comparable (?).   -- Dave
Nereson, RPT