Balance rail punchings, resisance on 'tip".

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 09:09:29 -0700 (PDT)

On this otherwise horrid Chickering Brown action I am
doing, there is one notable "plus" -- a faint
depression routed in the balance rail, just behind of
the punchings', lead edge. There has been discusssion
here about clipping the front edge of BR punchings so
that they offer no increased resistance to the keys'
tilt. But then they need to be secured in place, so
they don't rotate.
     This faint trough, about 1/64" deep, achieves the
same result.
     Thump