Drill for pin removal

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Mon, 05 Sep 2005 14:16:21 -0500

> Seriously, I always considered an Impact Wrench/Drill a bit over-kill.
> Yes it has torque! (Just try to take your snow tires off after the tire
> shop did the Impact thingee on them!<G> Do you use one for things in the
> shop?
> Regards,
> Joe Garrett, R.P.T.

I've tried about everything I could think of at one time or another.
Usually, it's my 1/2" Holeshooter, but that's heavy and strugglesome
on those days when I'm old and tired, which is any day with a vowel
in it.  I've done a couple in the last two years with an electric
impact wrench, and I kind of like it. Next one, I'll borrow my son's
pneumatic and give that a try. Actually, they don't have all that
much torque. It's the impact that hammers those lug nuts down to the
equivalent of forge welding, not the torque. Pulling pins with one,
it starts kind of slow (if the pins are tight), then really whirls
them out of there once it has the pin moving. Borrow one and give it
a try. Let me know what you think.

Ron N