removing wrest pins from the piano - my way!

Mon, 5 Sep 2005 21:41:21 +0100

 Hello List
Terry Peterson asked:

>I also would like to get opinions as to how fast, slow to remove them to
avoid over->heating and/or scortching the pin block. I know the pins WILL
get hot no matter what, (I tested this by using the very lowest rpm possible
without stalling) but it seems to me that the main thing to avoid is
"spinning" the pin in place when/if it stops rising outward during removal.
I try to use lowest rpms to remove each pin, then releasing trigger when
it's almost out, letting the drill slow to a stop at which point the pin
drops out...ideally. thoughts?

This is how I do it. I know it takes a long time and plenty of mugs of tea
to replace the lost body fluids but..... Restringing takes a long time and
the end result is all-important. Why use valuable electricity and spend
money on expensive electric drills with a reverse when a simple hand-brace
(such as illustrated) will do the same thing at the right speed, infinitely
controllable ......
NOW... Will this Posting get through with its attachments without being
considered "suspicious"?

Regards from a dark night on the Sussex Downs
Michael G.(UK)

Download Photoshop(R) Album 2.0 Starter Edition free to create your own
photo slideshows!
http://www.adobe.com/getstarteredition

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: l1010682.jpg