Removing wrest pins - my way

Tue, 6 Sep 2005 08:32:32 +0100

Hello List and Avery and Brian Lawson

Thanks for your input:

But I thought it was a slow removal like this that created the heat that we
don't want?????

Avery

And:

Michael,

It takes about 20 minutes, with one cup of coffee!

I use a Ryobi drill similar to one in the pic. about 500w, give it a 1/2 sec
click on the switch. The point is, you are taking the pins out because they
are loose and so they are going to come out without much friction.

 Brian - British by birth but living in the 21st Century

Well - the 21st Century is all well and good (is it?) but there's a lot to
be said for the old way - unless, of course you're in a tearing hurry -
which I try not to be.

Yet... It was, I think, Joe Garrett who opined that the shortest extraction
is the best, for the hot wrest-pin will not be given time to transfer its
heat to the plank.

There's a lot of room for discussion, trial and observations here!

Regards from and overcast morning in The Village

Michael G.(UK)

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef