Piano fell over

Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:55:11 +0100

Hello Michael and List
Michael said: The moving company did put in writing that it fell over in
their truck and have said they will pay for the necessary repairs.  I am
worried about possible damage I cannot see considering how old the piano is.
Has anyone had this happen before?  Any ideas on what may have broken or
been damaged or what to look for?  Any advice on dealing with the Moving
company?

I would appreciate any advice on this.

Tell you something that happened to me in the Pit at Glyndebourne - must be
all of twenty years ago now - I was wheeling this Yam G1J into the pit on a
dolly and it fell off onto its top... $%^&*(etc.) Result: nearly a semitone
flat. I brought it back to pitch and thereafter it has kept its tuning quite
remarkably. I suppose there's sometimes good coming out of some evil
situation!
Michael - I do think you should get local PTG advice since the removals
company have accepted blame. It is what I would do in your place - besides,
you'll get your own private mentor (for which that remover will pay) and the
benefit of free professional advice! Everyone's a Winner here today!! Ha!
Ha! Ha! :-)
Regards from a sunny afternoon on the Downs
Michael G.(UK)