Chrome versus Nickel plated tuning pins

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:49:03 +0200

In late on this... but just so..

I  have no idea about chromed pins...  but I've never quite understood
the hulabaloo about blued vs nickle. At least not when it comes to their
functionality.  Nordiska pianos used a blued pins I could swear must
have been made with some metal combination that made them more
flexible.  Felt weird.  But otherwise it always seemed to me that
differences in pianos tuning <feel> had more to do with the pinblock and
how much torque there was then anything else. I always use nickle
because they dont seem to rust as easily.

As for whether or not chromed pins are <<better>>...  grin... just how
are they supposed to be better ?

Cheers
RicB

>/ Advertisers are touting chromed pins as better than nickel plated pins.
/>/ Anyone out there actually used these?  Are there worthwhile differences?/