Chrome versus Nickel plated tuning pins

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:47:35 -0700

Ron,

At 08:17 PM 9/7/2005, you wrote:

>Interesting. And what, pray, is the criteria for "finest", as is
>considered by many? I'd sure like to hope it's not the color.

It's not the color, at all.  They are extremely consistent as to
size, hardness, plating (or not, as preferred)...virtually no
detectable twisting of the pin when tuning, just a good, solid feel
of the entire pin moving along it's axis at the same time.  Well
worth the extra money, when available.  If Jurgen can get them, they
are worth using.

Best.

Horace