Appointment Books

Wayne Walker wayne.w@musicstop.com
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:13:29 -0300

I can't agree more, I have been using a Palm Tungsten E for about 3 months
and love that I can book calls on the road. Before I would have to wait to
get back to the shop to my computer. I have been using Microsoft Outlook for
3-4 years for bookings. With the Palm is is so easy to Hot Sync information
back and forth between your computer and the Palm. Now I don't bother to
print off a paper copy.

Wayne Walker
Piano Tuner & Technician
MUSICSTOP LTD
1005 Dow Rd, New Minas, NS
B4N 3R4
Cell 902-221-1540
Fax 902-681-1463
HYPERLINK "mailto:wayne.w@musicstop.com"wayne.w@musicstop.com
HYPERLINK "http://www.musicstop.com/"www.musicstop.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Day [mailto:pianotoone@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 3:21 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: RE: Appointment Books

I can't encourage you enough to consider the palm pilot.  They are
relatively inexpensive.  After I lost my appt. book 5 years ago with all my
tuning appts and professional playing gigs,  I realized I had no backup.
Fortunatlely a kind soul found the book and returned it.  But it taught me a
lesson.

With the PP everything is backed up in about 10 seconds into your computer.
In addition there are tons or programs (many of them free) that you can add
on.  One of the main ones is an automobile log.  Keeps track of gas, milage,
trips, what for.  Comes from teal point software  I also have a a very
inexpensive program from Mapopolis.com.  I can download a map from most any
county in USA.  The county maps are very accurate.  And you can even get
driving directions from place to place.  It can hook to a gps system, but I
see no need to do that. I seldom use the paper map or even my existing gps
system anymore.

Go to your search engine or www.download.com and search for palm pilot
software.  You'll be surprised.

Good Luck