suddenly, a click

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 12:44:46 -0600

Hi Dean,
I presume you mean upright. Unhook the tapes so that the wippens can =
drop out of the way and roughen=20
the felt with 80 grit paper on a popcicle stick. Any moisture will only =
make matters worse.
I do know that a drop of Ballistol will loosen the felt fibers, but =
still would not use it there, as you do not want the fibers to change =
but just be softer again.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Dean May=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 12:18 PM
  Subject: suddenly, a click

  Greetings,

  =20

  Just wrapping up working on a YC action that has been in my shop about =
4 weeks. After assembling it I notice a distinct click when the jacks =
reset. It appears some errant chemical vapor from the shop has hardened =
the jack stop felt causing a slight noise on the reset.

  =20

  I'm thinking perhaps a couple drops of water/alcohol/surfactant =
solution might do the trick to soften the little round piece of felt.  =
Anybody have any input?

  =20

  Dean

  Dean May             cell 812.239.3359