hide glue

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:18:33 -0400

It is right out of Bill Spurlock's pamphlet on key bushings. His deluxe =
method includes using the mortise sizing cauls and the pre-application =
of hide glue to the key. I simply brush on a quick coat of hot hide glue =
to the wooden key mortise. It does not seem to affect the benefit of the =
mortise sizing cauls at all - I suppose because it is so little water =
for so short a period of time.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  =20
  How do you pre-apply the glue? I missed this step in Spurlock, maybe I =
don't have the advanced certification required to know about the =
"deluxe" method. ;-)

  =20

  Seems to me that it would negate the benefit of using the mortise =
sizing cauls.=20

  =20

  Dean

  Dean May             cell 812.239.3359