glue for Ivories

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:33:40 +0100

Hello all

I use impact adhesive for gluing on the odd ivory. First scrape off old glue
from both ivory and key with a sharp bladed knife (Stanley knife?) Don't
forget to clean off the end of the ivory tail and the joining end of the
loose ivory! Just put on the key from the tube as though drawing and use the
ivory to spread it. Finally smear the glue on the key with the ivory,
separate and wait until touch dry (time depends on temperature - maybe 2
mins.) Finally press together. That's it, folks! It won't come off! And, if
you've been careful with your cleaning, no discolouration will occur.

Regards from the Last Night at the Proms - Albert Hall London - on BBC T/V
live.

Michael G.(UK)

  _____

From: David Ilvedson [mailto:ilvey@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: 10 September 2005 16:13
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: RE: glue

I've been told it works with either and I've been using it on ivory lately.
It seem like a perfect glue for ivory, but I haven't been back to the pianos
yet to check how they're holding.  I expect just fine.  I don't clamp
them...brush on a light coat, join them together with some pressure and
that's it...

David I...

  _____