Best Tuning Strategy using SAT III

Robert Finley rfinley@rcn.com
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:23:38 -0400

Until now I have been performing the FAC stretch calculation/analysis =
using the SAT III on the piano and then began tuning chromatically from =
A0 upwards, tuning the single string unisons, and then the two and three =
string unisons as I go along, using rubber mutes. I am wondering whether =
it would be better to strip mute the piano, tune all the single strings, =
perform checks on the intervals and octaves, and then go back and tune =
all the unisons. =20

What would you advise that would produce the best, most accurate and =
fastest result? Thank you for your help.=20

Robert Finley